Hi! I’m Xin Hu.
I’m a Full Stack Web Developer at Nvidia. I graduated from the University of Michigan – Ann Arbor with two Master’s degrees – ECE and Data Science. I’m experienced in Software Engineering and machine learning.
Previously, I was a research assistant in a driver stress assessment project at the University of Michigan – Dearborn where I was responsible for data collection, analysis, and model. Since starting my master’s program, my interests have changed to web development. I really enjoy the challenge of meeting functional requirements and building new features while being creative and creating a user-friendly and appealing web application.
Java, Python, Golang, SQL, Django, Flask, React, Angular, PyTorch, WordPress, MongoDB, Tableau, Git/GitHub, Node.js, Vue.js
I mainly take courses at EECS (Electrical & Computer Science Department) and SI (School of Information).
- EECS 484 Database Management Systems A+
- SI 507 Intermediate Programming A+
- EECS 504. Foundations of Computer Vision A+
- SI 539 Design of Complex Websites A+
- SI 664 Database Application A
- EECS 551 Matrix Methods for Signal Processing, Data Analysis and Machine Learning A
- EECS 489 Computer Networks A+
- SI 670 Applied Machine Learning A+
- EECS 402 Computer Programming for Scientists and Engineers A+
- EECS 548 (SI 649) Information Visualization A+
- EECS 501 Probability and Random Processes A+
- EECS 403 Graduate Foundations of Data Structures and Algorithms A+
- SI 618 Data Manipulation and Analysis A
- STATS 503 Statistical Learning II: Multivariate Analysis A-
- STATS 500 Statistical Learning I: Linear Regression A
- STATS 504 Principles and Practices in Effective Statistical Consulting A-
Johnson & Johnson (Python, Angular, Git, AWS) Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Data Science Intern at Medical Devices Commercial Data Science Team
Jun 2021 – Dec 2021
Developed data visualization web interface for medical device data communication from user to the price optimization algorithm.
- Used Angular and Bootstrap4 to build a web interface for users to input, edit data and overview the optimized results.
- Developed RESTful APIs with Python to integrate with data science algorithms.
- Deployed front end and back end to Amazon EC2 for users to access.
Guarankey (Golang, React, Git, AWS) Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Full-stack Software Engineering Intern
Jun 2020 – Aug 2020
Developed Zillow-liked dynamic web interface for users to sign up, list property, update user’s profile and verify email in a 5-engineering group.
- Built RESTful APIs with Golang to handle HTTP requests and responses.
- Designed 10 tables with 150+ variables in Postgres relational database to store user data.
- Built responsive and dynamic web pages utilizing React, Bootstrap4, and Semantic UI based on UI team design.
- Deployed front end and back end to Amazon Elastic Beanstalk for users to access.
- Evergreen Restaurant Online System (Django Framework)
- COVID19 Visualization Website (Django Framework)
- Fakebook Social Network
- Interactive Command Line Tool for Searching iTunes Store
- Scraping and Crawling nps.gov
- Epidemics in Western Society Since 1600 (Static website)